Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

One-Hundred-Knuckled Fist

Thanks to NetGalley for letting me preview this book. It is a good one.

Publication Date: September 1, 2016

One-Hundred-Knuckled Fist: StoriesOne-Hundred-Knuckled Fist: Stories by Dustin M Hoffman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This isn't normally a book I would have picked up, but I'm loving it. Short stories about working-class men that are bittersweet and memorable. The prose flows with rhythm and is filled with strong metaphors, imagery and interesting descriptions. These are stories about men (and a couple of women) who want to provide for themselves and their loved ones, no matter what the work requires of them. So many people and jobs that you don't think about on a regular basis, telling their stories and sharing their lives between the pages of this book.

Icecream Dream was one of my favorite stories from the book. One of the quotes from the story... "Life is full of lemon givers, and a smart man takes his fate and makes more than just complacent lemonade."

Lots of good reading.

View all my reviews

No comments: