Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Arts

Lately, it seems like I am more drawn to everything in the arts than I ever have been. For Valentine's Day, I bought Tim a subscription package to the Intiman Theater in Seattle. We are going to be seeing three plays this season. We've now seen two of the three. But it makes me want to be involved in theater somehow. I am planning on trying to write a play during the month of June (for Script Frenzy). We'll see how that goes. :)

I recently signed up to get email from the Tacoma Arts community. They have some amazing stuff going on there. I also tracked down Valley Arts United in Puyallup. I tried to contact them about a year ago, but no one ever got back to me. I am going to try to go to their monthly meeting this Wednesday to see what is going on with that group. I did volunteer for them the other day. I manned the information booth at the Farmers' Market. The nice part of it was that they had an artist sit at the table with me and paint. She was great. Lots of fun to talk to. It really inspired me to want to get out some paints and do something. I played a little while yesterday, and I'm planning on going to Stephanie's tomorrow and to take some sort of project with me. I have to think about that one.

Between Tacoma Arts listserv and the Valley Arts United, I ran across a cool guy, Jay Bates. He is a columnist for The Herald, but he also teaches high school and started A River & Sound Review during his MFA. It is a great organization that I believe is really going to go places. I'm going to start volunteering with that organization to try to help out. I'm really excited about it. I drug Tim to their live event the other night and it was a lot of fun. He thought it was a little "out there" for him, but he enjoyed some of it. :)

No comments: