Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Jack's Sunburned Chest Swelled with Pride

Throughout history, there have been epic sagas where the hero overcomes obstacles, fights demons, pushes on, and finally reaches his/her goal. After twenty years of my own epic saga, I have become that "hero" by finally reaching my goal.

It is sort of funny, in a way, because it really actually feels sort of anti-climactic at this point. I always thought that I would have this rush when it was all over... a feeling of complete and utter accomplishment and happiness that I did it. I don't really have that feeling. I'm just ready to get on with the next part of the journey. Maybe then I will feel the rush.

I've started researching graduate schools. I'm totally psyched to think about it and the possibilities. I'm going to stop second-guessing myself and just do it. So far... this is my top choice (Fairleigh Dickinson) and second would be Carlow University (with a residency in Ireland), and then there would also be the third place choice of PLU. Actually, being responsible, if I could get in to PLU, I would do that because it would be the least cumbersome (to family, work and friends) and also the least expensive... but I drool over the thought of residencies in the English countryside or in Ireland. *Sigh*

No comments: