Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Pottery Barn?

So, once again, life is a whirlwind of activity and reorganization. We keep perpetrating all of the madness upon ourselves by trying to improve things around the house, so sometimes I have to stop and wonder why. I guess the whole idea of having a nice living space that feels mature and semi-stylish is enough motivation. Of course it will never be quite like Pottery Barn, but I can live with that for now.

I spent the last three days painting. Our new "office" is now asparagus and white (with deep dark chocolate brown doors to accent everything). The flooring will be dark finish as well (once that gets purchased/installed). It took three days to paint because of the humidity and the fact that the room has a ton of woodwork. I'm picky enough that I want straight lines, so I took my time getting things right. It was slow going, but the majority of it is finished. I still have the last coat to put on the main wall and bits and pieces of others. I've also got some ideas about the art on the walls, so I'm looking forward to that project once I find Tim's laser level. Michael's had a template you could use for frame layout, but I'm not sure if it will be more trouble than it is worth. Possibly. We are going to put a new light fixture in there. One with a little fan so we can circulate the air. That is a Tim project (along with the flooring). While I painted downstairs, Tim repainted Sam's room, which will now be Jessica's room. The color choice was not quite as successful, but she liked it okay. The baby will be very excited about the vibrance on the walls once he arrives.

No comments: