If you're reading this and have a blog, consider yourself tagged.
A few questions to share my Thanksgiving day with you...
1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere?
Hosting. Even though it is crazy and we end up exhausted from cooking and cleaning, at least we get to eat everything the way we want it with no surprises. :P
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range? Tofurkey?
Frozen. At $.27 a pound, it is a little hard to pass up a turkey for $5.
3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?
Average stuffing. Celery and onions made into slurry so no chunks.
4. Sweet potato pie or Pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin. And blackberry too. Usually chocolate is on the table as well, but not this Thanksgiving because it would have been too unfair to Jessica.
5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?
Blessing! I can’t imagine a Thanksgiving without leftovers. That’s why we always make two turkeys.
6. What side dishes are a must-have in your family?
Peas au gratin, mashed potatoes, some other non-cheesed veggie, fruit salad, butterflake rolls, raw veggie tray, chips w/Uncle Dan’s dip, etc.
7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?
A second dishwasher.
8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?
We don’t ever go elsewhere.
9. What is your favorite after-Thanksgiving activity.
Watching Planes, Trains & Automobiles.
10. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.
Uncle Dan’s Original Southern dip… can’t have Thanksgiving without it.
11. Share one Thanksgiving memory.
The only time Tim and I escaped on Thanksgiving, we went to the Oregon Coast. There were a series of storms that blew through and the weather was crazy (flooded parking lots, wind blowing things sideways, etc.). We didn’t think about the fact that there weren’t going to be restaurants open, so we had nowhere to go for dinner. We ended up getting turkey lunchmeat from the Safeway Deli and eating sandwiches in our hotel room.
12. Name five things you’re thankful for.
2.Jessica may be able to control the gall bladder issues and avoid surgery until after the baby arrives.
3. I am able to go to school.
4. Being healthy.