Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Confession Tuesday

I have to confess, I think I have been in a bit of a funk the past week and a half.  I am extremely UN-motivated.  I'm not sure what it is.  I'm trying to focus on positive things and find inspiration around me because otherwise it is too easy to continue the funk.  I think I need to get out of the house more often.

I am thinking that I am not going to be going to my residency in August.  That will postpone my degree for a few months.  That is frustrating.  I just received my "grades" for the last two modules.  One professor didn't give me a grade or credit for the January quarter.  I'm not sure what that is about, so I will have to find out what is going on and then get it taken care of.  I did the work, I deserve the credit.  Just because he didn't communicate with me, that isn't my issue.  I emailed him several times and never heard a peep.  That will mean that I will have to go back to England in January.  Now I know that seems like it isn't really a bad thing, and it isn't, but that wasn't in the plans.  But August just seems like it has had too many things against it all along.  I think that I was meant to go to England.  First it was my job stalling my August trip, and now this (combined with the lack of alternative childcare for little man and transportation issues). 

I got all teary-eyed today because little man is making his first foray into the crawling world.  He's been "practicing" his crawling posture the last couple of weeks.  He would get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth.  Then he would scoot his knees forward a bit, but didn't know what to do with his hands.  Today, he actually figured out how to move his hand forward, but couldn't get much farther because he still had his weight on his right hand.  It will come... soon.  Then there will be no stopping him.  He's just growing up so fast.  It is sad.  This week, he will be six months old.  The other day was his first experience with his pool.  :)



I've run across some amazing blogs lately.  Very inspiring.  I need to take all of that inspiration and use it to motivate myself to get things accomplished.  I think that I'm suffering from too much inspiration.  It is like I get over-stimulated in the creativity department and become immobilized.

We're going to be working on Tim's parents' house to get it ready to put on the market.  It is going to be a huge undertaking, but it is a necessity.  I got to pick paint colors and decide on what needs to be done to make it look better, so that was fun.  I felt like I was on a show from HGTV or DIY.  The realtor came in and looked around and agreed with most all of my ideas for changes.  The only thing he didn't agree with was putting a new counter and tile floor in the kitchen.  He thinks that we should just do vinyl flooring and then leave the countertop as it is so someonme can do their own thing.  I can kind of see his point, but there aren't a whole lot of selling points on the house (small rooms, outdated cabinets/tile/fixtures, yard that needs lots of TLC, etc.) that I thought it would be better.  We'll see how it all works out.  Jessica looked at it the other day and heard my ideas and now she wishes she could afford to buy it.  It is too bad something couldn't be worked out. 

Lots of things to do... I should stop wasting time writing this and get busy with a new project.  LOL.

No comments: