Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December?

Apparently, the month of December has gotten away from me.  I started out with verve and enthusiasm, and am finishing with those things mostly intact, but I didn’t do my blogging or most of my December Daily activities as planned.  I should clarify that.  I did do the DD activities, I just didn’t get around to getting them documented each day.  I now understand the reason that Ali Edwards creates her album ahead of time and just plugs pictures and may add a few elements in.  Trying to keep up this year, I learned that I really need to keep the documenting as simple as possible. 

I was able to steal a couple of hours here and there to do some digital scrapbooking even though it was difficult to find the time to do the real thing.  I still think that part of my problem is the fear of imperfection and the fear of permanently sticking a picture onto a piece of paper and adding things without screwing it all up.  LOL. 

So here are some of the scrapbook items I accomplished in December for my December Daily project. 

december-1 santa-parade---4  Zoolights-5-Costco  zoolights-5a-Costco

 

Finch-party---11

 

Yes, I only got through the 11th of December.  I have pictures taken for other days, but just haven’t scrapped them.

After doing a few digital layouts, I decided that I really needed to pick a digital home and focus my efforts there since there are so many rules as far as posting to galleries.  So I decided that, since I spend most of my digital dollars there, I should park myself at Sweet Shoppe Designs.  So I’ve been participating in their “portfolio challenge” and during December you could choose any from the year you hadn’t done before, so I threw a few together. 

beer-thirty Hampton-Retreat My-guys October-Looks-Like  tree-farm signature

So we will see how it goes.  I’d really like to be able to get on a creative team for a designer, so maybe if I practice and put together some good pages, I will have a chance at some point.

I am getting anxious about the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011.  I am getting anxious about my trip to England (but overjoyed at the thought of a day trip to Paris).  Everything just feels all uncertain and like I’m vibrating on a different level these days. 

Little man is just getting up from his nap (of course he sleeps when his mom is home and is awake the whole time I have him).  So I guess I will end this post for now. 

I hope that you have a safe time and find a lot of joy ringing in the New Year and all that is ahead!

No comments: