Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

manifesto

Tonight, I am definitely not feeling the holiday spirit.  I guess that is the best time to shift my attitude. 

I will remember this manifesto.  Just reading it makes me smile. 

It comes from Shimelle’s “Journal Your Christmas.”  You should really sign up for the workshop (and it isn’t just for scrapbookers either).  The best thing about it is, once you sign up, you are in… permanently.  I can’t remember how many years ago I signed up, but it is always lots of fun.  I never stick with it for the entire season (December 1 through January 6?), but this year, I’m not going to feel guilty about it.  I will do what I can and that will be good enough.  I’ve always tried to do Ali’s December Daily as well, and end up feeling like a failure because I don’t do it daily.  But it is time to cast those doubts or feelings of failure aside and just have fun.  Any little bit I do will be better than nothing.  Don’t you think? 

Today was definitely not very Christmas-y other than waking up to everything being white from frost… and boy it was super cold. 

Kennedy and I went to the Little Gym this morning, and he amazed the instructor with his ‘forward rolls’ and strength.  He can just do them one after another.  He was also hanging from the uneven parallel bars today and then would just drop without a care in the world.  So much fun.  Once we got home, we got into our typical daily routine.  After Jessica got home, I started dinner and then Tim called and said there’d been an accident with the train.  The train in front of his had hit someone.  So totally depressing.  I had to drive to Kent to pick him up so he didn’t have to wait for hours while they did the investigation.  We didn’t end up getting home until about 7:30.  The only thing holiday related was the fact that UPS dropped off a couple of boxes at our house, and I finished up frosting the first trial batch of cookies. 

Yay!  Welcome, December.  Let’s get this party started!

favorite-things

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I've never had cookies with red hots, but I think I'll have to give them a try soon.