Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Hello 2012!


Hello 2012!

I am very excited about the year ahead.  I am also excited that we had a day filled with sunshine.  It was chilly, but sunny.  After several days of rain and wind, it was nice to have a little sunshine.

Today was a day for reflecting.  Reflecting on goals, ideas, energy, resolutions, family, and One Little Word.  My word for the year is going to be "attention."  I am going to be exploring the word over the course of the year and participate in Ali Edwards' One Little Word class at Big Picture Classes.  There are a lot of different aspects for me and my word.  But for today, I was paying attention to family and intentions.  I also paid attention to the weather and the sun causing a morning shadow in our front yard.  Lots to think about.  Lots to focus on and lots of competing things to juggle in paying attention.  It is going to be a challenge.

This year, we're starting what I hope will become a new tradition.  I printed out copies of these pages for myself, Jessica and Tim. I  thought it would be a good idea to keep copies of these things (and other quizzes/surveys throughout the years) for the future generations.  I also think it will be fun for us to look back on in the years ahead.


Another thing I'd like to try this year is some form of Project Life.  Ali Edwards also does this on a regular basis (as do others).  I know I can't keep up with a weekly project, but I figure I will do as much as I can and at least end up with something more than when I started.  I downloaded Becky Higgins' digital version of the Clementine Project Life kit.  I know even more that I wouldn't be able to print things out on a regular basis, so I'm going to do mostly digi and possibly some printing/hybrid on occasion.  We'll see how it goes and how it will morph.

Do you have any resolutions for the year ahead?  Do you choose "one little word" or have some other form of focus?  Do you take part in Project Life, P365, P52 or some other documentation project?

I'm excited to get things down on paper and to start tackling these goals and ideas.  I think it is going to be an amazing year, and it is great to get it started!

What are you looking forward to this year?

No comments: