Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Forgetting Time

The Forgetting TimeThe Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book. I would actually probably give it 4.5 stars because of the concept. I read it straight through, in just a few hours. I've always been interested in the idea of reincarnation. I also have a beast nugget of a grandchild (with his own set of quirks) who used to tell us that he had another family before... so it touched me on a deeper level.

It is ultimately a story about wanting to understand ourselves and others. How we connect, how we move in and out of people's lives, how we love and how we search for meaning. And then it is also a story about motherhood. What it means to feel the overwhelming love for a child, and how we deal with uncertainty and loss that can be unimaginable.

The writing was smooth, and the story unfolded in a way that kept pulling you forward, wanting to know more.

View all my reviews

No comments: