Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

A Cold and Broken Hallelujah

A Cold and Broken Hallelujah (Long Beach Homicide)A Cold and Broken Hallelujah by Tyler Dilts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a really quick read for me, and I enjoyed it for the most part. The characters were interesting, and I felt drawn into their stories. The characters felt a little familiar and put me in mind of a Michael Connelly (Bosch) book.

I liked the premise of the plot. There were a couple of times I felt that the plot was too compressed and/or there wasn't enough information or detail as to how they arrived at a certain point. Twice I found myself thinking that I must have skipped ahead somehow and missed something (on my Kindle) because I thought the story could have used a little more meat.

All in all, I'd probably give it a 3.5, wishing there was a bit more to the plot/story.

View all my reviews

No comments: