Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Big Screen Big Outings

Okay. Tammy and I submitted our art project to the Tacoma Art Slam. The event took place Friday night (11/16) at the Rialto Theater. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I found my way there after class. The theater was dark and filled with art sympathizers. :) I came in part way through and realized that they were showing it on the big screen. They cycled through everyone's art. Allowing a couple of seconds per slide. Each contributor was allowed to submit ten slides, so it was an interesting mix of visual stimulation.

Can I just say... it was sooooo cool to see our names on the big screen and to hear people clap for our efforts. It made all of the work worthwhile. :)

Today we attended the Puget Sound Poetry Connection's poetry open house and marathon at King's Books.

Tammy and I each read a couple of poems during the first open mic session. It was good to get up there and get something out and not be *as* nervous.

No comments: