Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

El Libro

I just signed up for the coolest thing. Paperspine.com. When I first heard of it, I thought that it was stupid because you are basically paying for what you could get at the library for free, but really, it isn’t. It is like Netflix where you “rent” books. There aren’t any late fees/fines cuz you can keep them as long as you want (you just don’t get new ones until you send back ones that you have). But the cool thing is that they have a lot more books than the library does, and there isn’t a big old waiting list like you get at the library.

It will help me for Spring quarter because I should be able to get some of the books for Lyceum through there, and the rest of the books I either already have or can get through there.

And going into grad school, I’m going to really have to step up my current reading levels and I’m tired of buying books and having Timbie give me stink eye for cluttering my newly built shelves (they are almost completely full) and wasting all of that money for new books every month. This will be a huge savings for me as long as I can stick to it and not be so impatient. But I went through a list of books I wanted to read and couldn’t find at the library and weren’t immediately available at Borders, and I found 98% of them on Paperspine, so I felt pretty good about signing up.

No comments: