Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Muy Busy

School is finally winding down, and I'm flummoxed. I have been seriously procrastinating on my writing projects as well as my last two art projects. (Independent study without milestones is not such a good thing for a procrastinator.) But, I am already starting to panic over the thought of being out of school. After waiting for 20 years to finish my degree, I don't know what I will do once it is over. June 14th is coming too fast, but not fast enough - that is my quandry.

My goal has always been to continue onto a Masters program, but I am not sure how I will swing it with working full time and family obligations. I also am not 100% sure what I want to be when I grow up, so it is scary to think of committing to the next step.

This morning, I was cold-cocked by a migraine. Yesterday hinted that it might come, but I tried to ignore the possibility. But right before the alarm went off this morning, it hit and knocked me for a loop. It was all I could do to make the two obligatory calls to work to let them know I wouldn't be in while trying to hold down the nausea. Medicine finally swallowed, I crawled back into bed. Kate wanted me to rub her belly, but I managed to get her to burrow under the blankets and snuggle my hip instead. Bostons are so wonderful.

My little sis showed up at 7:30 this morning because she was hitting a couple of appointments with Jessica. I couldn't even talk to her until I got a couple of extra hours of sleep under my belt. She took pity on me and helped with one of my art projects. I needed her to draw a three-foot outline of a silhouette I found. Unfortunately, while I can craft and do other artsy stuff, I can't draw to save my life. She lightly penciled the board and I will cut out the totem and do my artsy stuff to it.

The next few weeks are going to be an insane mix of cleaning house, writing and art. I've got the two art projects, three essays, my senior synthesis speech and six journal entries to complete by June 4th. I also have to get the house cleaned and somewhat baby-safe because Lisa (and her kids) will be coming from Texas for a visit on the 30th. It will be good to see her. It has been almost two years since I've seen her now. :( She'll mostly be spending time visiting her family, but we'll try to catch up in between those visits.

Tammy called me today. My heart goes out to her because she's going through a lot right now. We're going to try to squeeze time in together during the upcoming weeks to brainstorm a poetry experience for Showcase Tacoma that will take place August 8-9. We're trying to decide what to put together for that event and how to get others involved. It is something to look forward to and get excited about. It will just be a challenge to get it all planned in order to get the application in to the City before the deadline (with all of my other craziness going on).

Well, I guess I need to stop procrastinating and step up to work on some of my homework so this day won't be a total waste.

No comments: