Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bucket List Item

I haven't seen the movie The Bucket List, but I've heard about it. For a long time, I've carried a mental list of things that I want to do before I die. One of them is to have some piece of my "art" in a gallery. Of course I thought it would be even better to have a show of my own… but I have never been that optimistic considering the fact that I just recently started my foray into the art world. But… lo and behold, I stumbled across an opportunity. An opportunity to create a piece of art and have it guaranteed to be in a gallery show. How? One might ask.

The Art House Co-op is providing the opportunity (along with several others). I think that this is such a clever idea and these guys have got a good thing going on.

I decided to participate in the Canvas Project: Memories and Moments. Here is a description:

Every day there are thousands of memories that we experience. Everything we do leads to another. Everything we do affects us as well as everyone you interact with and who they interact with. We are left with the inability to control these moments. No matter what you do, something will effect this wave of moments.

We want to see these moments captured in a painting or collage. We are going to send you five 3x3 inch canvases. What moment leads you to the next?

What does this mean? This means anything. What will your paintings do if someone sees them? Will it change something about their day or even their life? Will you set them on a new path? Will you set them up to meet the love of their life? Paint anything you want. Paint what you feel. Paint in a series of 5!

Your work is your work and you retain the rights to it. If your canvases are sold in the show, Art House will send you a check at the end of the show for 60% of the amount sold for. You will have the opportunity to set your price when you receive your canvas. As stated above, we will return your canvases to you if not sold (or not for sale) if you include a self-addressed-stamped-package when you send the canvas to us.

Anyway, I think it will be a hoot. Lots o' fun. One thing to cross off my list and set me on my journey to the next item.

No comments: