Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

It is a quiet Friday evening, after a whirlwind week, and I am hesitant to admit that I'm excited over the fact that I'm going to be able to be a little lazy for part of the weekend.  Being married to a guy who always has his doing buttons pushed can be exhausting.  Sometimes, I don't feel like I can have the luxury of just relaxing or doing something I feel like doing (instead of something from the list of things that *need* to be done).  So, since the cat is away, the mice will play. 

I took the daughter for take out and we are both sitting in the air conditioned sanctuary on our computers.  I read a book of poetry earlier tonight (and cried over one of the poems)(thanks, Joe Weil).  The dogs are curled up on the bed, the tv is on as background noise (NCIS marathon) and I'm facebooking, blog skimming, and checking out all of the new goodies at Read Write Poem.  I'm daydreaming of sleeping in tomorrow and then completing morning pages, doing a little writing, and then visiting my grandma.  I may squeeze in some laundry (since I have to leave for NJ next week) and I might have to do a mini-shopping excursion, but that is about it. 

Life is good. 

No comments: