Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

So many photos, so little time...

So I thought that my photo wall project would be way easier than it was in actuality.  Wait, let me take that back.  It wasn't that it was *difficult* it was really just time consuming.  I never really thought about what was going inside of the frames.  I just had focused on the layout of the frames on the walls and how it would all look once I got it up there.  But, alas, that was the easy part.  The tough part is finding the pictures to fit inside all of the frames and to try to balance it out.  I had a couple of pictures of Emily to frame, and then I realized that I only had one of Sam.  So I had to flip through (literally) thousands of pictures we have stored in photo boxes and then look through what is on my laptop.  During this time, I also realized that I've misplaced my external hard drive that also houses thousands of pictures.  And once you find the picture, you have to make sure it is the right size or the right orientation (portrait vs. landscape) so it adds another layer of complexity onto the already-time-consuming task. 


I got everything lined up, but then figured out that craft stores don't sell large wooden numbers (so we're going to have to make our own), and then I found other pictures that I felt needed to be out as well.  So then it was back to the store to get more frames.  And then a printing photos project, and then another trip yesterday to get more frames.  It is insane.  So now it has turned into more than one wall.  It will be one big wall and a smaller section of another wall.  And that doesn't even include any of our wedding photos (still not printed).  But I think I have a relative balance of photos between the kids (much harder to find pics of Tim's kids since it appears that Allison must have custody of those).  Then I had to balance out the pictures of Bobby and Kate, and then threw in some of the cats as well.  While I was at it, I found a couple cute pics of Tim's parents, which led me to looking for pics of my mom (hard to find) and my brother and grandma as well.  Now I have a nice mix, and once they are all up, it will be good. 

I'm posting a picture from phase 1 which is the rough draft of hanging stuff (before the photo printing and second/third trips for frames). 






No comments: