Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Northwest Nap

At Urbandictionary.com, it is defined as “a very deep sleep where you are unable to hear telephones, text messages, and even the Air Force.”  (Honoring the pilots from NW Airlines and their in-flight trance.) How to use it in a sentence? 

I am so tired, I could really use a Northwest Nap. 

Seriously.

I can’t believe it is already Wednesday.  Granted, it is only Wednesday morning, but still… the first two days of the week have just flown by. 

I think time is zooming along because it feels like I have a lot to do and not enough time to do it.  I have a packet of poems due in less than two weeks and don’t have anything written.  Ugh.  Last night, I went up to grab a few minutes of quiet time.  Unfortunately, Jessica’s crazy cat, Piper, followed me into my room and decided she wanted to climb on top of me.  She literally hung herself over my shoulder, and continued to drape there, like a sack of sugar.  Do you know how hard it is to get any writing done when you have a cat hanging on you as your own personal allergy scarf? 

Generally, she doesn’t like me and doesn’t have anything to do with me, but yesterday, she wouldn’t leave me alone.  She scares me a little, so I didn’t want to just try to get rid of her, and even when I did, she came right back (including multiple middle-of-the night visits)(she even braved the dogs to get near me).  *sigh*  I think this is the making of another LOL cat poem. 

crazy piper

No comments: