Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Out Sick

I missed work today.  All week, I’ve been feeling a little off, but I just couldn’t make it in today.  My stomach was not happy.  This morning, it was so nice to be able to sleep in and get rested.  I woke up a couple of times: when Tim got up and before he left.  But I couldn’t stay awake, so I slept until 9:30 when Jessica brought me a bagel that I didn’t eat and a Mt. Dew that I loved.  She also brought me an adorable get-well-soon card.  What a sweet girl. 

There is something so comforting about staying in PJs all day.  :)  We watched most of Dead Poet’s Society and sorted through some craft supplies.  This afternoon, I had a little lunch and felt a bit better.  Since I was bundled up in the office, I flipped through some Paper Crafts magazines I hadn’t had time to look through in the past few months.  I was inspired to make a card.  I was supposed to make a card for Shannon, but I didn’t have the energy to find the paper/stamp I was supposed to use, so I just stuck with what was handy.   

happy owl cardI’m not excited about how the bow turned out, but I’ll live with it.  When I’m feeling better, I’m going to head over to Michael’s or Borders to get the latest card magazine to be further inspired.  I should get some Christmas cards ready for this year since I haven’t done any in quite some time.

Jessica has been creating some fabulous cards lately.  I’m envying her creative spurt!  I guess I’ll have to kick it up a notch to try to keep up with her. 

No comments: