Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday at the Speakeasy

Today has been a day full of art(s).  First, we went to the Sketchcrawl in Puyallup.  There was a small group of woman who set out in the sunshine for sketching and fun.  We weren’t able to stick with them long because we had our shift at Speakeasy. 

We’re here, working on projects, and of course, we don’t have all that we need to complete them.  No matter how many times I think I have everything when I walk out the door, I definitely miss something crucial to my process.  Jessica is much better at being organized.  I think, next time, I will make her get my schtuff together. 

They have auditions going on at the gallery today.  We’ve heard a lot of Shakespeare.  And a lot of people trying to do a New York accent… at the director’s request.  There is a big difference between Shakespearean and the Sopranos.  :)  It is kind of funny because they have their stuff prepared and then they have to change up and do it differently. 

I’m working on a new project today.  Of course, as I said before, I didn’t bring everything I need for it, but at least I have a start.  I’m going to sketch out some additional ideas that I’ve had while I’ve been here, so when I go home, I can try to implement them (hopefully).  I am trying to finally get around to the picture I wanted to do for a guy at work.  The first few strokes are trying to dry.  We’ll see how it goes. 

0227001507

No comments: