Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Five for Friday

Since life has been a little on the crazy side lately, I haven't been posting much.  I thought that I would try to start a more regular topic/posting schedule and see how it works.  

Fridays, for the time being, will be Five for Friday... a list of five things that I'm enjoying right now because I think a focus on the positives or happy things can always be good.  If you want to share something you are enjoying, please do so!  

Five for Friday:
  1. Nacho Libre - I am not the biggest fan of Jack Black, but I fell in love with this movie, much to the chagrin of my family.  Late the other night, it was on, so I recorded it (even though I own the DVD).  I started to watch the first few minutes last night, and it just made me smile.  It is silly and charming.  If you haven't seen it, I suggest giving it a shot.  
  2. School Supplies - I love going through the ads in the Sunday paper.  But when the school supplies start lining the pages, I get a rush.  I LOVE school supplies.  Binders, index cards, pens, composition books... just wonderful. Wednesday, after the gym, we made our first visit to Staples to get some $.01 notebooks for Little Mister (so he could scribble to his heart's content).  I ended up with two bags of supplies.  The craziest thing is that I already have a closet full of supplies, a few tubs and a desk loaded with them.  But I just cannot resist them.  :)
  3. Bossypants by Tina Fey - This book totally cracked me up.  I occasionally saw SNL when she was on Weekend Update, but I've never watched 30 Rock, so I didn't think it would be a book I'd be interested in until I read an excerpt.  I ended up getting it on Kindle.  There were times, I'd be reading it, and I would laugh so hard I'd start to cry.  She is so freakin' funny.  I was sadly disappointed when it ended.  Read it if you want to laugh.  
  4. PaperCoterie.com - Ali Edwards wrote a blog post about this online shop a couple of weeks ago.  I placed an order for one of their Memory Keepers.  It is a wonderful box (you upload the design yourself) that is 9 x 13 x 2" (hinged on the left side with fabric).  It arrived yesterday, and I am totally in love with it.  I can't wait to get another.  You can see the picture of it below.
  5. My daughter, Jessica - Today is Jessica's 23rd birthday.  She was born at 11:57 pm, and I remember the nurse telling me to hurry up and push so she wouldn't have to wait another day for her birthday.  I still can't believe she is getting so old.  She's starting a new job (promotion) and I'm so proud of her for doing it all.  She's going to school, working full time, and being everything to everyone. She is turning into such a strong woman, and I love the fact that I get to spend so much time with her.  Happy Birthday to my sweet girl.  

Memory Keeper from PaperCoterie.com

What are you enjoying this week?  

No comments: