Fridays, for the time being, will be Five for Friday... a list of five things that I'm enjoying right now because I think a focus on the positives or happy things can always be good. If you want to share something you are enjoying, please do so!
Five for Friday:
- Nacho Libre - I am not the biggest fan of Jack Black, but I fell in love with this movie, much to the chagrin of my family. Late the other night, it was on, so I recorded it (even though I own the DVD). I started to watch the first few minutes last night, and it just made me smile. It is silly and charming. If you haven't seen it, I suggest giving it a shot.
- School Supplies - I love going through the ads in the Sunday paper. But when the school supplies start lining the pages, I get a rush. I LOVE school supplies. Binders, index cards, pens, composition books... just wonderful. Wednesday, after the gym, we made our first visit to Staples to get some $.01 notebooks for Little Mister (so he could scribble to his heart's content). I ended up with two bags of supplies. The craziest thing is that I already have a closet full of supplies, a few tubs and a desk loaded with them. But I just cannot resist them. :)
- Bossypants by Tina Fey - This book totally cracked me up. I occasionally saw SNL when she was on Weekend Update, but I've never watched 30 Rock, so I didn't think it would be a book I'd be interested in until I read an excerpt. I ended up getting it on Kindle. There were times, I'd be reading it, and I would laugh so hard I'd start to cry. She is so freakin' funny. I was sadly disappointed when it ended. Read it if you want to laugh.
- PaperCoterie.com - Ali Edwards wrote a blog post about this online shop a couple of weeks ago. I placed an order for one of their Memory Keepers. It is a wonderful box (you upload the design yourself) that is 9 x 13 x 2" (hinged on the left side with fabric). It arrived yesterday, and I am totally in love with it. I can't wait to get another. You can see the picture of it below.
- My daughter, Jessica - Today is Jessica's 23rd birthday. She was born at 11:57 pm, and I remember the nurse telling me to hurry up and push so she wouldn't have to wait another day for her birthday. I still can't believe she is getting so old. She's starting a new job (promotion) and I'm so proud of her for doing it all. She's going to school, working full time, and being everything to everyone. She is turning into such a strong woman, and I love the fact that I get to spend so much time with her. Happy Birthday to my sweet girl.
|Memory Keeper from PaperCoterie.com|
What are you enjoying this week?