Shimelle started a wonderful tradition over at her blog, where she documents 10 Things on the 10th of each month. There are no other rules. Just 10 things. Hmmm. I always get so excited about the possibilities, that I end up flustered and can’t figure out how to narrow my ideas down to one topic (I tend to be that way on most things, unfortunately).
So this month, I decided that I would come up with a list of ten things that I want to blog about for future 10 Things posts. That will take away some of my own personal drama. LOL.
1. Favorite Holiday Traditions: Our family doesn’t have a lot of them, but I’d wager a guess that I could come up with ten that we currently have or add in a few that I’d like to incorporate in the future. Do you have any holiday traditions to share? It could be any holiday, really.
2. Favorite recipes: Since I’ve been
wastingspending a lot of time on Pinterest, I’ve bookmarked quite a few recipes that I’d like to try. There are also several I have tried, so I could mix it up.
3. Good Causes: Toward the end of the year, I always receive so many requests for last-minute funds/donations to all sorts of worthy causes. One of these days, I’d like to pick some of my faves and write up a bit about each. Do you have specific causes you favor? Or volunteer activities that mean a lot to you?
4. Things That Have Been Inspiring Me: Again, Pinterest has a load of inspiration, but there are other sources of inspiration as well. Different music, videos, blogs, magazines, designers, artists, etc.
5. Music That Conjures Up Memories of My Dad: My dad and I were never very close, but it bothers me a lot more lately. He committed suicide three and a half years ago, and there is just a lot left hanging around in the corners of my mind. I have some songs on my playlist that always remind me of time spent with him when I was young. I’d like to explore that further.
6. Poems I Need to Write: Sometimes, I think I have too many ideas, and that is why I never get anything accomplished. If I listed out a bunch of my poem ideas, they’d be there, germinating, and I might be more inspired to complete them. Same goes for stories.
7. Good Books: I’ve read some great books in the past couple of years, yet anytime someone asks me about something good I’ve read, I can’t remember specific titles. I’d like to have a fun list of them to look back on in the future.
8. Letters to Grandbabies: Ali Edwards posts occasional letters to her kids. They are really wonderful, and they provide a great snapshot of what is going on in their everyday lives. I’d like to start creating those for Little Mister and Coco so I have them saved. Since I am saving those for future posts, I’ll just share a couple of quick scrap layouts of the boys.
9. Topics I’d Like to Learn More About: There are so many things I’d like to learn about, it isn’t even funny. Maybe if I sketched out a top-ten list of those, it would be easier to make the time to tackle a new topic every now and then.
10. Creative Projects I Want to Tackle: Like number nine above, there are tons and tons of creative projects I want to do at some point. Most of the time, I end up just creating a new scrapbooking page or something in lieu of starting a new creative project because I just freeze up when I think of all that I want to accomplish.
Ugh. Looking at this list makes me wish I didn’t need time to sleep. Life would be so much easier if science could solve that little issue for me.
What about you? Do you create lists for yourself? Do you have a to-do list that is a million miles long? How do you juggle everything you want to do and still maintain your sanity (and a reasonable sleeping schedule)?