Pages

Friday, January 06, 2012

Friday Favorites: Movies/TV

Yesterday I commented on how we don't get out of the house much.  Even if we do go out and do something, you can pretty much bet on the fact that it isn't going to see a movie.  I don't know what it is, but Tim just really doesn't like movies much.  I secretly think it is because it is dark and cozy and he's afraid of falling asleep (which he has done before) and never living to hear the end of it.  :)

Every once in a while, I threaten him with seeing a movie.  I'll see a preview on tv and really want to go, so I tell him I'm going to make him take me.  It usually never happens.  Prior to the past couple of months, Jessica worked in the evenings, so we had Kennedy and could never go to a movie.  But now she's working decent hours and we *could go* but don't.  :p

Thank goodness for Netflix and Redbox.  Tim doesn't really like to watch movies at home either, but at least I can sneak in a few now and then if he out and out refuses.  Two that I recently watched and really loved, I had also wanted to see in the theater but never did.  They were both kind of sweet, feel-good movies that are maybe a tiny bit improbable as far as plot, but the characters are nice and it is a fun little story that leaves you with a smile and maybe even a little tug at the heartstrings.  So if you haven't checked them out yet, you might want to think about these...

 
 

They are my current favorites.  :)

We also started to watch a tv series on the indie channel called Portlandia.  The second season starts tonight.  It is an half-hour comedy series that is a bunch of little sketches about life in Portland.  There are two main actors who appear in every sketch, and then they've had some great cameo appearances last season by Heather Graham, Kyle MacLachlan, Edie McClurg and Steve Buscemi.  It is a little Friday night guilty pleasure.



It is a weird/quirky comedy that totally fits life in Portland, Oregon.  It cracks us up because it is so true to characters you can run into in P-town.  And Tim will actually watch it.  *Gasp*

What have you seen that you can recommend?

No comments: