Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Wowza -- Lotsa updates!

So I guess I realized the other day that I have seemingly forgotten to update my blog with all of the craziness that has been going on in life for the past month.  It literally feels like every day has been filled with something that turns life upside down or sideways.  I thought that I'd post today and share some updates on what has been going on and some things you might want to check out.

First off, I am excited to say that I am part of the Creative Team at One Story Down.  It is an amazing digi scrap store (also with a hybrid focus) that opened on April 1st.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you really should.  There is a wonderful community of unique designers, team members from all over, and just a great ambiance of friendliness and fun.  Lauren Reid, the amazing owner of OSD, sends out a BEAU-ti-ful newsletter once a week, and there are blog posts every weekday.  I am even fortunate enough to get to write some of those blog posts (insert excited-arms-waving-wildly-huge-smiley face here).  There are a couple of monthly challenges right now (girl vs. scrap and photo challenge) and there will be more coming soon.

As a spin-off from that, I am totally excited to announce that I'm now a member of the Peeps & Milo creative team as well.  Peeps & Milo is brand new and carries an adorable line of digiscrap products that can also be printed/used for real life scrapbook pages/Project Life.  Chantal, the owner/designer of Peeps & Milo has a unique sense of whimsy and fun, and she creates some terrific products.  I feel so lucky to be on her inaugural team!

I'm also lucky enough to be a guest team member for Sara Gleason (Zinnia & Swallowtails) at Plant Your Story.  Wow!  What a month!!!  I've been in love with Sara and her templates forever, so this was like a dream come true!!

Also, in the last month, I attended Artfest 2012 (the final) and had an amazing time learning from Michael deMeng, Andrea Matus (deMeng) and Jesse Reno.  If you ever get a chance to take a class with any of them, I'd highly recommend it.  Michael is a fabulous teacher and a funny guy.  Andrea is *the sweetest* and totally inspiring!  And Jesse is quite a character and amazing to watch.  My life/art will never be the same again.

My DD moved out in the last couple of weeks.  :(  Makes me sad.  But I really haven't had much of a chance to be sad about it because, for one reason or another, they have still been here for the most part.  LOL.  DD has had major overtime at work, so I have had some extra Little Mister duty (yay).  Then Little Mister got sick, and then I got sick, and then DD got sick.  Ugh.  Unfortunately, I missed Conan's first birthday bash because of Kennedy and I being sick.  Wah!  Now DD is back at work doing the overtime again, so it has been kind of a crazy time for her and us.

I also had an amazing opportunity to proof a manuscript before it went to press.  It was great experience, and very interesting as well.  I finally did our taxes (4 hours before the deadline...lol).  I got my thesis stuff for FDU squared away and am waiting for my diploma!

With all of that, I think that I'm not going to add anymore updating because it is just getting way too long.  Instead, I'll leave you with some of the layouts I've done in the past couple of weeks for my new CT gigs and a couple of speed scraps.  :)  If you want to see credits for any, check my gallery.

What have you been up to????





No comments: