Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hung Up On Brush Script | A MSA Post

Two weeks ago, Carrie shared some great (and free) brush script fonts in her post. I was so excited to see those. I've been crushing on brush script a lot lately. Maybe because I signed up for the Life Scripted class at Studio Calico. Kal Bartesky taught the class and created some beautiful works of art. Inspiration was everywhere. I thought I'd share some of the inspiration I found as well as some great digi products that can let you recreate the brush script look on your own even if you don't hand-paint it yourself. One great thing about brush script is that you can quickly frame it and make some instant art for your home.
It is amazing to me how simple brush script can be, but what an impact it makes. A quote on Jenny Doh's blog really jumped out at me and seemed so appropriate.
"Figures are the most shocking things in the world. The prettiest little squiggles of black looked at in the right light and yet consider the blow they can give you upon the heart." {H.G. Wells}

Liz, from Paislee Press, has a lot of great digi/hybrid goodness.






Some fun cards from Valorie Wibbens (who also had printed cards in the February Studio Calico PL kit)






And Michelle Godin recently released these lovelies.


Val of Little Butterfly Wings just released these.



And Emily Merritt has been churning out a lot of brush script journal cards.



Mye De Leon has these beauties


And these are some of my most favorite papers ever... from Coffee & Watercolor


Sissy Sparrows was ahead of the brush script trend and kicked off my love for it with these products...


from Room 19: Project 1

from Room 19: Project 2


And now for some inspiration

via Pinterest

elise blaha via pinterest

via pinterest

via pinterest

This is seriously thick brush work that isn't necessarily script, but it is wonderful, and it would be fun to try to create something similar.
via pinterest

by Amandascraps

by Franny
by Miss Bubble



by mollyc

via pinterest

by smoore82


by amanda_r0se

by KathyDavis

by melzie2121
And even a little tutorial to show you how to create some of your own words on an ipad.



So that is it for me... I hope you were able to find some inspiration or products that can help you get yourself into brush script if you haven't already. And if all else fails...

by miz_pina

No comments: