Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Art Journaling Tutorial | A MSA Post

There are days that I truly love digital scrapbooking and digital art journaling. No muss, no fuss, no wrecking photos or expensive papers/elements. It is great. But there are also days where I miss physical art journaling. I, for one, love getting my hands into the paint and using my fingers as painting tools. Especially when I look at what others are doing in the art journaling world.
I thought I'd share a tutorial of sorts in a video by Mindy Lacefield. She creates fun, colorful, and whimsical paintings, but she also does art journaling. I ran across this short video of her creating a page, and thought I'd share it with you.

http://youtu.be/OkZ0jl3SE_o
Check out Mindy's other videos, and you may even find yourself wanting to take a class with her as well. She's a sweetheart.
But doesn't that make you want to grab a spray bottle and stencil? Or maybe just some fun paints or crayons? It may. And even if it isn't quite your style, you can also take it as inspiration for digital work. Watch how she creates layer upon layer. Each step she takes can be replicated digitally if you think about it.
One of the things I thought was super cool was when I learned how to create the mist effect digitally. Splendid Fiins has a set of great "mist" products called Knock Out. Here is one that would be great fun to use as a background or to add texture and interest to a journal page.

Michelle Godin has these fun brushes that will let you make lots of fun marks on your pages.

Valorie Wibbens has some great paints...


And Sissy Sparrows has a lot of fun brushes as well.






They even have painted background papers you can kick your page off with.


And if you want to add a bit of bling/glitter, Studio Miki rocks the glitter like no one.



So I hope you found at least a wee bit of inspiration and/or thought about digital art journaling in a new way. Let us know your favorite way to play digitally.

No comments: