Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: A MSA Post

I will admit, I am a bit of a national news junkie. I read the news online, and I also subscribe to several sites that send me news to my inbox on a daily basis. But sometimes, just reading the headlines is enough to make me feel awful. It seems like there is so much anger and hate in the world. So much fighting and division everywhere you look. Abuse, cruelty, suffering. It can be overwhelming. I sit and shake my head and wonder where the good news is. At times like that I remind myself that I need to step back and breathe. News outlets are there to give us news, but it is also big business. They have to grab the attention of people because their bottom line depends on it. For some reason, they don't make big money by providing good news. They don't always show kindness, generosity, or small daily triumphs over adversity. They don't focus on the positive stories. And with the upcoming election season, it is only going to get worse.
So my challenge to you is to look for and document the positive. Look for some sort of good news story that didn't get a lot of attention and share it. Look for an act of kindness that might have been overlooked by the mass media and create a scrapbook page about it. Post a positive headline/story on your Facebook wall, or reblog it, or tweet it. Or add a positive story link in the comments below. Spread some good news. Share something that makes you smile. And if you can't find a positive story, why not do a little random act of kindness of your own? Throw kindness around like confetti. What a statement. Create a kindness party in your little corner of the world. And spread it around.

via pinterest


No comments: