Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Whirlwinds of January

So a lot has happened in the past few weeks. Tim broke his ankle right before Christmas. He's still in a cast and can't walk on it, so he's getting around either on crutches or a scooter. So no help at all around the house. LOL. Lots of resting and football watching for him. :)  He's also working from home, so it is a challenge to get any computer time. Not to mention that my computer seems to be on its last legs. I am so hopeful that I will be able to get a new one soon. This one just has fits and starts and it will freeze up for ten to fifteen minutes at a time and not do anything. There is no sound, and nothing works during those times. Soooo frustrating. I really wanted to do The Lilypad's Month of Challenges that I did (and completed) last year, but this old battleaxe computer isn't playing nice and I don't think there is a mathematical way to complete them all at this point. I've done a few, but not enough to get me through to the end. Not with the schedule that we've had lately.

Last week was Kennedy's birthday. He turned five. Breaks my heart that he's not my little guy anymore. He's changing so much. We went out for dinner on his birthday. My grandma also came over earlier in the day. Then we had a birthday party for him on Sunday. The Seahawks' playoff game was at the same time, so the adults were all watching that on pins and needles. I said that I wasn't giving up hope, but thought it might take a miracle for them to win. And they did it. They miraculously overcame the big deficit to win the game. So totally amazing to watch.

Tonight is a Bad Poetry event at The Nearsighted Narwhal. Originally, it was slated to be bad cat poetry, so I'm planning to go and read some of my old LOL Cat poems. Should be fun.

Tomorrow night, Carla Sonheim and Lynn Whipple are hosting an open house sort of event in Seattle, so those of us who are able can come by and meet them. I'm so totally excited about that. :) I'm in their Year of the Spark class, so it is a cool opportunity.

Jessica leaves for Las Vegas early Sunday morning. That should be fun for her. I hope she has fun and feels relaxed and can come home and be ready to get back to a normal life. Things have been rough the past couple of months.

Sunday we go to see The Great Gatsby at Tacoma Little Theatre. Should be interesting.

And here are a couple of the pages I did earlier to try to keep up with this year's project life and to go back and also do the previous years.

Amanda Yi Designs - Project Weekly; Digital Scrapbook Ingredients - Weekly Roundup V5; Karla Dudley - Epic.ness Bundle; Sugarplum Paperie - This Is the Year: Solid Paper


Amanda Yi Designs - Project Weekly; Digital Scrapbook Ingredients - Weekly Roundup V5; Karla Dudley - Epic.ness Bundle; Sugarplum Paperie - This Is the Year: Solid Paper



Storyteller 2015: The Hunter Collection - Just Jaimee; Fun Page Borders V1: Storyteller Hunter - Just Jaimee & Rae C; Stacked Pocket Cards V1 & 2: Storyteller Hunter - Just Jaimee & Erin W

Storyteller 2015: The Hunter Collection - Just Jaimee; Fun Page Borders V1: Storyteller Hunter - Just Jaimee & Rae C; Stacked Pocket Cards V1 & 2: Storyteller Hunter - Just Jaimee & Erin W

And here are a couple of the pages I've created in the past weeks.

Dreamweaver - Allison Pennington & Studio Basic; FTLO14: CBTK - Allison Pennington; Just Because - Laurie Ann; The Dorothy - Heather Joyce

The Real Me Kit, Word Art, Overlays & Collage - Sissy Sparrows; The Distressed Duchess font - Heather Joyce

My Two Sides - Sissy Sparrows; Scraplift of Christina's December 2014

Alpha Jumble Freebie, Wonder elements - Allison Pennington; Needed More Stitching 34 - Amy Martin; The Real Me kit & collage, My Two Sides elements - Sissy Sparrows; Sketch 424 - Scrapbook Challenges

Secret Madness Paper, Overlays & Word Art - Sissy Sparrows



No comments: