Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

Weekend Ahead

Some days it seems like the weekend can't get here fast enough. This week has flown by and I'm not quite caught up and ready for it to be Friday. I have so much work to get caught up on and next week I'll be going out of town, so I'm scrambling to catch up on everything.

I have to get ready for Artfest 2006! I am so excited... but nervous at the same time. I've got some great workshops lined up, but I can't help but feel nervous about being in an environment where there are serious, hard-core, dedicated artists, and I'm just a newbie trying to figure out which medium I'm most comfortable with or how I even want to express my art. Although at this point, I'm looking for inspiration and this will be the best way... just jump in and see what works. I also was reading Ali Edwards' blog and saw her stuff Life Artist stuff on Cafe Press. Wow! How inspiring is that?!?!?!

I also am nervous about what supplies to bring and how many things to take. I need to check the Yahoo group to see what others are suggesting, but since I am at a loss as to what I'm going to be doing, it is hard to know what to take. Each instructor provided a list of supplies needed, but there is just that whole aspect of not knowing and worrying about being unprepared. So I will have to make a trip to JoAnn's, Michael's and Daniel Smith to load up on the items I'm missing. Good thing I have money in my checking! I'm surprised I do after the last week with so many great digital kits out there. All of my favorites had new kits out. Last week and earlier this week I bought kits from Mindy Terasawa and Holly McCaig/Kimberly Giarrusso and thought that I was done. Damn, Jan Crowley anyway! She had the cutest kit in the Digi Chick boutique today. :) I thought that I was soooooooo over buying anything new until after Artfest, but NOOOOoooooooooo... I had to buy that kit! :)

Anyway, the other part I'm dreading about the Artfest trip is being away from the family for so many days. It will be the first time I've left home (other than an overnight trip with the girls) since Tim and I got together. It seems so strange to be going on a 'trip' without him. And to top it off, I have to share a room with a complete stranger! Ack! Hopefully she is nice. :)

The good part about it is that Stephanie, my best friend since fourth grade, is also going to Artfest. I'm excited about that. I will be calling her today or tomorrow to see if she wants to ride over with me or what we'll do. Yay!

Lots to do... lots to do! I'd better get busy working so I can stop worrying about that and focus on fun!

No comments: