Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite fruit?

That is a tough one. Either watermelon, cherries or raspberries.

Soup
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?

When I first discovered Marian Wright Edelman, I was completely and utterly amazed that her name was not a household word. I am still surprised and sad that it isn’t. She is a true advocate for all of our children, the poor, our civic duties and social responsibility. She is a major inspiration in my life and reading her work challenges me to be a better person.

“If you as parents cut corners, your children will too. If you lie, they will too. If you spend all your money on yourselves and tithe no portion of it for charities, colleges, churches, synagogues, and civic causes, your children won't either. And if parents snicker at racial and gender jokes, another generation will pass on the poison adults still have not had the courage to snuff out.” Marian Wright Edelman

Salad
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?

Thornewood Castle... assuming that, since this is a vague question and I can answer it anyway I want to, the choice is mine but I wouldn't have to pay for it. :)

Main Course
Name something you do too often.

Get cranky.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.


Stamp camps... otherwise I'd never get anything creative done. Since I just went to a stamp camp last night with Shannon, that was fresh in my mind. We made some really cute cards and an even cuter magnet with a giant paper clip. We also saw some good ideas for us to use when we do a card-making day in October. Yay!

No comments: