Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Baby Blues

Okay... so why does it seem like everyone is having a baby? I suppose not *everyone* is having one - but enough people are that it is making me crazy. Especially since my one and only is getting ready to leave.

It always seemed strange to have a child when I felt like a child myself. Then later, when Jessica was in grade school, I felt really odd because I really didn't have any friends with kids. I think when I first started working at Key, and met Luis and Tim, that was the first time that I really felt like I could talk to someone about parenting issues. Now, it feels weird again. Most of my friends are either starting to have kids or will be starting. I have a couple of friends who have completed that portion of their lives, but there are a lot who haven't.

Part of me feels cheated. There are so many missed experiences. When I had Jessica, most of the time I was in complete survival mode. I did enjoy everything along the way, but there were a lot of things I missed out on, and sometimes it makes me sad.

I guess now, I will live vicariously through those who are starting new. I will share in all of their excitements and joys, be thankful that I don't have to deal with the difficult parts (lack of sleep) and just get myself a puppy. ;)

No comments: