Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Mixed Review Thursday

Today has been a mixed bag of happy and unhappy.  Poor Little Man isn’t feeling well.  Teething has really upset his system.  He has had messy pants and now got a rash (his first diaper rash) and he has a slight temperature.  :(  He went to bed early, and I’m hoping that he will feel better in the morning.
On the happy note, I finally got a new computer.  Yay!  It is an HP Pavilion Elite desktop.  Since I have such rotten luck with laptops, I decided this was the way to go.  At least for now.  We got everything set up and most everything is installed.  I still have to load Photoshop Elements, but otherwise I’m good to go. 
Tomorrow is Tim’s birthday.  Since I’m broke, I can’t really get him anything, but he knows that I would if I could.  We are going to head out to the Puyallup Fair in the morning.  It is the 8th largest fair in the country (down from 7th).  It is about six blocks from our house, so we can walk over.  Since it starts on a Friday, they let you in for free before noon.  We’re going to do that because, after living in Puyallup most of my life, we aren’t that excited about the fair.  The one good thing about the fair is scones!  We always have to get some.  If we don’t go during the 16-day run, we usually can find someone willing to buy us a bag.  I’m making a deal with my mom… I’ll buy a bag for her tomorrow, and she will buy us a bag when she goes in a week or more.  :D  My big plan is to take some pictures so I have some stock photos for creating some art.  And, I’m hoping that Little Man will be up to the trip.  We won’t be there long, so if he’s not up for it, Jessica will just have to miss out.  :p
Tomorrow I will talk to the prof about this upcoming quarter and see what guidance she can give me.  We scheduled a call since I wasn’t there to find out how she operates when everyone else met in NJ.  Fingers crossed that it will go well. 
Tim just ran up to get some Chinese food from our favorite place.  Yay!  It has been a long and busy day and cooking was not at the top of my list.  I was reheating something I’d cooked for Jessica earlier today, but he didn’t seem excited about that, so he made the run.
Well, I guess that is it for now.  More updates and photos to come later…

No comments: