Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2011

(i)nterNational Scrapbook Day

Have you ever participated in a worldwide hobby or event like (i)nterNational Scrapbook Day??
Did you participate in any crops?  Online chats?  Challenges?  Shopping sprees? 
Yesterday was the first day I'd ever really taken part in National Scrapbook Day or (i)NSD as it is now known.  Maybe, way back a long time ago, I might have gone to a Creative Memories function or something on NSD, but obviously if I did, I really wasn't aware of it because I can't really remember such a thing.

Now that I'm mainly focusing on the ease of digital scrapbooking, it is really amazing for me to see all of the activities that go on for (i)NSD.  I hung out at the Sweet Shoppe for a few hours yesterday.  I was going back and forth between that and BPC, but it was too hard for me to juggle both AND try to deal with all of the other things going on around the house.  So I stuck with SSD.  They had a lot of fun challenges and good ideas for games and such.  I wish I was able to do more than I did, but at least I got two scrapbook pages done.

The first LO I did was for a speed scrap.  Needless to say, I didn't finish in time because I was getting little mister down for a nap, but at least I did finish it yesterday.  I also uploaded that photo to Costco and had an 8 x 10 printed out for my little sis and framed it for her for Mother's Day.

Credits:
Traci Reed - NSD template

Lauren Grier - paper from Key to Change
Jenn Barrette - Papers from Mommy Deerest
SS Designers - Wishin' &; Hopin' &; Waitin' papers/elements
Font: Pea Daniel San



The second was to scraplift the person in the forum who posted above the spot where you said you were going to participate.  Here is my lift of Amystoffel's "Create."
Credits:
Scraplift of Amystoffel's http://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/...1/create14.jpg

Jenn Barrette/Kristen Cronin-Barrow's Chicklit and Chickflick: safety pin, stitching, reel, button, paper

Jenn Barrette's Mommy Deerest: velvet leaf
Scrapkitchen's Mission to Mars: staple, paper, ric rac
Dani Mogstad's Life of the Party: flower, brad, paper
Mari Koegelenberg's Thrifty Finds: flower, alpha, paper
Allison Pennington's Lulubelle: bird, snap
Sahlin Studio's Barcode Datestrip
Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel: sun card
Jen Wilson's Complete Boy: combo lock
Font: Pea Daniel San
I am so in love with the viewmaster reel.  How did they know that I was just searching my stash for one I knew I'd bought in the past (I think it was on one of my EHDs that crashed).  Yay.

And I actually had almost an hour to myself today, so I did another quick LO of little mister's first haircut.  I have to do a page with before and after photos, but I wasn't up for that today.  :D

Credits:
Jenn Barrette/Lauren Grier - Nevermore Kit
Jenn Barrette - Free as a Bird: stitches
Jenn Barrette - Growth Spurt: frame
Libby Pritchett - Fun & Games: checker
Zoe Pearn - Thankful For You: Alpha
Sara Gleason - NSD2011 Template

How about you?  How was your weekend?  How was Mother's Day?

It is Sunday night, and we had a busy weekend.  I'm hoping that we'll have a relaxing one soon.  I've realized that I've already fallen off the menu planning wagon.  I did so well for the end of March and April into last week.  Now that it is over, I am dreading filling in another calendar.  Ugh.  I need some inspiration. 

So hopefully you had a restful and enjoyable weekend.  I'm wrapping things up so I can change into some cozy clothes, put my feet up and watch two of my favorite shows (Law & Order: Criminal Intent and The Killing). 

Hugs!

No comments: