Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pretty Paper Party: Prompt 7

Well, as I expected, I am not able to keep up with the prompt every day as I'd like, but at least I have been scrapping.

Sweet Shoppe Designs has a monthly portfolio challenge, where they post about 35 prompts/challenges with a range of point values you can earn if you keep up with them.  At the end of the month, your points are tallied and you can earn up to 40% off one shopping trip (if you complete at least 30 points worth of challenges).  I was able to do it once, and my daughter did it one time as well.  It takes a lot out of you to do that many layouts in a month, but it is worth it if you have any sort of a wish list at the shop.  :D  Anyway, my wish list has built up again, so I'm trying to get to the 30 point range this month.  I only have six more days, so I'm not sure if I will make it or not. I'm at 13 points right now, but I've been working on a calendar that will be worth another 10.  If I can eek out a few more layouts, I might be able to pull it off.  *crossing fingers*

Do you participate in any challenges (digi or otherwise)??

I was able to work in today's prompt from Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party.  I started looking at Lisa Truesdell's layout and was absolutely in love with it.  I wanted to use that/Shimelle's sketch as inspiration, so I started finding patterned papers and then I scrolled through the Sweet Shoppe challenges and found one about scrapping a photo that is at least 10 years old.  Perfect.

Credits: Dani Mogstad- Birds of a Feather kit
Jenn Barrette - Mysterious and Spooky papers
Jenn Barrette - Happy Tape
Traci Reed - Bad Sewing Machine - stitches
Zoe Pearn - Alphabet Soup Boy - arrow
Scraplift inspiration - Shimelle / Lisa Truesdell

I love this picture and recently ran across it in a batch I'd scanned several years ago.  It is a picture of my husband when he was in high school.  He was on a tv show called "High School Bowl."  Unbeknownst to him, I had tried calling the television station to see if they had an old copy of the show.  Unfortunately, they didn't have archives that went back that far, so I couldn't track it down.  I'm so glad that his mom had this picture though.  They didn't have a lot of pictures from when they were growing up, so this is a rare treat.  :D

Do you have any old old photos that you are dying to use in a layout? If so do you use them or scan them first and keep an original?  Do you mix vintage photos with trendy scrapbooking supplies?  So many things to think about with old photos.  I really want to go back and find some old photos from when I was little and play around with those as well.

Anyway, that was my fun for the day.  Now I'd better run and get some chores/errands done!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great layout - your papers are perfect with the older photo. I've been scrapping some of my childhood photos - I don't scan them first. My Mama recently scanned some older photos & I have those digitally to play with at some point.

Emily D. said...

Awesome layout!! I love the colors!! I love to scrap old photos. I scan them into my computer and print them from there. When I wanted to start scrapping old photos, I had to get them from my parents who refused to let me have the originals. This is probably a very good thing!

Denise said...

Hello- just popping over from class- this is a great layout, and I have actually blogged one of me in the 1970's today for Shimelle's class !

Lillie McFerrin said...

Hey Kimberlee! I have given you an award on my blog!!