Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pretty Paper Party: Prompt 4

So far, Shimelle's class has been very inspiring, and seeing all of the other scrapping projects has been making me want to get papers out and create something more traditional.  I also ran across the Sketchy Thursdays blog, which was also making me want to make something.

Last night, I had dinner with my friend, Shannon, from The Giving Finch.  She gave me a wonderful birthday gift full of goodies, which included some scrapbook paper.  Yay!  Lucky for me, it was paper that had stripes and dots, which was perfect for today's class prompt... to use stripes and dots and see what you can come up with.

To me, it wasn't much of a challenge as far as combining the two, because I love to use all sorts of different patterns, but it was a challenge to get back to paper scrapping.  I decided to make a card because I really don't have a lot of embellishments or other things (besides paper) to really make the kind of layout I wanted, so I opted for a card version today, and I based it off of the sketch at Sketchy Thursdays.  I'm not really feeling the love for this card at the moment, but I tried.  LOL.  Now I am thinking that I should have used bigger chunks of paper and layered them.  But it is what it is.  Now I might just have to make a scrapbook layout as well.  :D

Papers from We R Memory Keepers; Stamps from Bo Bunny

Do you ever have a hard time going from one format to another (from scrapbook pages to cards or vice versa)?

8 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Very cute! I love the owl! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Melissa said...

I like the card - perfect use of small scraps of paper. I often switch between layouts & cards & an occassional special craft. Since I always clean up after each project and start with a clean craft table, I don't really have trouble going back & forth. "See" you in class.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you're getting back into scrapping! Love the cute little owl on your card. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Sketchy Thursdays :)
Melissa

Alison said...

Hi Kimberlee...thanks for dropping by my blog ..love what you've done with the prompts from PPP...glad that you've managed to use a few bits and pieces from your paper stash!
Alison xx

Mandalika said...

Cute card! I was originally a cardmaker that came over to scrapping but now when I try to make cards I get a bit stuck.

Anne Pennington said...

Sweet little card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think it turned out fabulous! LOVING the colors and the owl! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):)

lisa said...

Great take on the challenge.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays xxx