Shimelle hosts 10 Things on the 10th. Check her out. :)
Over at The Lily Pad, there is a discussion going on about stats and faves of 2011. You can check it out here. I normally wouldn't have thought about how many scrapbook layouts I did in any given year, but that thread got me thinking, and I had to go back and count them up. I accomplished more than I believed, largely because I was on a CT for a bit and got a bunch done for her massive product releases. It was a fun time. Anyway, I ended up completing 86 layouts. I was happy with that number because it was averaging more than 1 a week even though there were bursts of activity and big giant lulls when I did no scrapping whatsoever.
I thought I'd go back and post a ten of my favorite layouts from 2011.
1. This was one of my favorites because I seriously worked so very hard on this. It was for a challenge at Sweet Shoppe, and you had to include 25 words about yourself. It took me quite awhile to go through my digi stash and find enough words (that fit) and elements that were the right color (or could be re-colored).2. I loved this because I created the stamp with the art quote. It is also a picture of a painting I did for my friend, Jerisha, for Christmas.
3. A fun picture of my daughter and her friend Amy. I love the colors and the viewmaster reel.
4. A funky layout (I believe it was a scraplift challenge) of our dog, Bobby. I loved the unserious nature of it.
5. I loved the kit I used in this layout. I also loved the picture, and I liked how it all came together. I ended up posting this for a challenge at TLP, only to have it deleted because the kit was from Oscraps. Oops. I re-did it using TLP products for the challenge, but still like how this one turned out.
7. The pictures of Tim and I are few and far between. It isn't the best picture, but I liked it anyway, and I love having a layout of the two of us.
9. I love Sara Gleason's templates (Zinnia and Swallowtails), and this is one of those weird layouts that just sort of happened without planning, and I really loved the funkiness of it all.
10. I am not a big fan of having my picture taken. I rarely create any layouts featuring myself, but this was for a speed scrap, and I like how it turned out. I love the painty stuff, the sequins and the stitching.